Envoy-Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu gi oh fan site. Do you have what it takes to make it to the top?

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Geartown vs MST

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Burner
Raviel
Raviel
X-Burner

Zodiac : Aquarius Posts : 17

Geartown vs MST Empty
PostSubject: Geartown vs MST   Geartown vs MST Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:02 am

Now, I activate Geartown, my opponent chains MST to the card's activation. I've been hearing that Geartown will no get its effect because it wasn't the last thing to happen as far as being destroyed and removed from the field. So my question is what EXACTLY is the last thing to happen on the field besides MST going to the grave after resolution. Let's look at it this way...Geartown activates...MST is chained (Chain Link 1) and when it resolves (MST) the effect of Geartown will activate in the grave and start a whole new chain. It wont miss activation because of the fact it's effect wont activate until the chain link MST started is resolves, allowing Geartown to activate its effect in the grave and start a whole new chain. (Kinda repeated myself)
Back to top Go down
Hero's
Hero's

Geartown vs MST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geartown vs MST   Geartown vs MST Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:59 pm

In the chain it would look something like this Chain link 1 would be Geartown trying to activate in chain link 2 since chains resolve backwards would be MST. So that means MST would destroy Geartown before it would be officially activated meaning you would get no effect from Geartown because it never got a chance to activate on field.

Chain link 1: Geartown (trying to activate)
Chain link 2: MST (destroying Geartown before it activates)

SIDE NOTE: If your opponent hits Geartown after activation with MST it does get it's effect.
Back to top Go down
X-Burner
Raviel
Raviel
X-Burner

Zodiac : Aquarius Posts : 17

Geartown vs MST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geartown vs MST   Geartown vs MST Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Now I think I understand why it misses timing. Thanks for the explanation.
Back to top Go down
SoulEater
Admin
SoulEater

Zodiac : Gemini Posts : 114

Geartown vs MST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geartown vs MST   Geartown vs MST Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Question answered topic locked Razz

(Hero's is really good with his rulings)
Back to top Go down
https://envoy-academy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Geartown vs MST Empty
PostSubject: Re: Geartown vs MST   Geartown vs MST Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Geartown vs MST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Envoy-Academy  :: General dicussion :: Off topic-
Jump to: